Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Review of Facing West (Forever Wilde #1) by Lucy Lennox



4 stars


Nico:
I left my family and tiny Texas hometown fifteen years ago to escape small-town gossips and to give my mom and sister the chance at a better life. But when a phone call from an attorney back home informs me that my sister passed away, leaving me custody of her newborn baby, I’m shocked out of the steady life I’ve built for myself running a tattoo shop in San Francisco.

The thing is: I don’t do babies. And I don’t do small towns. Or commitment. And I especially don’t do family. My plan is to go back to Hobie just long enough to sign adoption papers, giving my niece the kind of stable, loving family I could never provide.

But the moment I meet my niece in the arms of Weston Wilde, my sister’s best friend and the town’s handsome doctor, my plans begin to change. Because suddenly, I see a different future. One with the very thing I thought I never deserved: a family. If only I can convince West that I’m not the same good-for-nothing kid ready to bolt when things get tough.

Weston:
There’s one thing I know for sure about Nico Salerno: he was a good-for-nothing as a kid and judging by the purple-haired, tattoo’d punk who shows up at his sister’s funeral, he hasn’t changed. There’s no way I’m letting him take custody of my best friend’s baby.

But the more time I spend around him, the more I realize that his rough exterior is just a shell and that beneath all the tattoos is a scared, insecure man searching for a place to belong. And pretty soon I know exactly where he belongs: in my bed and by my side.

The problem is, he abandoned his family once before, how do I know that if we become a family he won’t do it again?

This is a new series by one of our fav authors, Lucy Lennox.  It has all that good Lucy Lennox magic; big families, interesting character and schmoopy love.  A great read!

Nico, Nico, Nico, sigh.  If you are a fan of Lucy Lennox’s Made Marian series you will know Nico.  Troubled, solitary, lovely Nico, and it is about time he gets a happy ending.  We start with a new family here, the Wilde family, with the backbone being Gramps and Doc, a wonderful couple who are in love well into the later years of their life.  Now I personally love the Grannies from the Marian series, but they get a little much.  Doc and Gramps are sweet, and although show that seniors can have an active sex life it is subtle. 

Let’s talk about the good Dr…. Weston Wilde, swoon worthy.  He has stayed close to his roots, taking over the family practice in his small town and is content.  He has friends, a life, a career he loves, but small town living doesn’t have many love options.  He is a pretty average, stand up character, and well likeable, always doing the right thing.  Now Nico on the other had is troubled; by his past, by his memory of the past, and what he wants for his future.  Nico wants to live his life in San Francisco and run his tattoo shop.  But after his estranged sister passes and leaves Nico the custody of her teeny tiny baby, Nico has to go home and face what he left years ago.  

There is a enemies-to-lovers chemistry between Weston and Nico that jumps off the page.  Neither of them really likes each other, add in their past and the struggles over Nico’s sister’s baby these two are oil and water.  Weston is straight laced, and Nico is purple haired tattooed, total opposites but when they finally stop trying to deny their lust, they are combustible together.  So hot, hot, hot.    

However, Facing West isn’t without angst.  Nico thinks he doesn’t belong is small town life, he doesn’t want kids and he doesn’t want a man like West.  But does he???  Oh poor Nico, wants a family and love and a fairytale life, but doesn’t want to admit it to each other.  There are a few times we actually wanted to shake Nico and Weston.  They get on the same page, they have a disagreement, and round and round, and round. 

We really enjoyed Facing West, and excited for a new series.  Seriously how could you go wrong with love, babies and big families!

No comments:

Post a Comment